A DREAM FOR ANY MOTORCYCLIST
Fantastic alpine passes, long serpentines, and hairpin bends: motorcyclists will find a true rider's paradise here in the Kaunertal. Numerous tours with cultural and scenic highlights promise unique experiences for every taste.
Got the tour planned, got your leather jacket zipped, helmet on, and visor down? Ready for adventure? Get on your bike and hit the road! The Kaunertal offers countless attractions for motorcyclists.
A popular destination: the Kaunertal Glacier Road
A real treat for motorcycle fans is the ride into the permanent ice. The 29 bends of the famous Kaunertal Glacier Road seem to be made for biker dreams! On 26 memorable kilometres, the asphalt meanders its way up 2,750 m. Passing the Gepatsch reservoir, historic buildings, and special natural beauties, the tour takes motorcycle fans up to the summit.
Once at the top, it's time to take a deep breath and enjoy. After all, such breath-taking view of the Alps are not something most people get to see every day! And before you start downhill again? Treat yourself to a little break on the sun terrace of the Glacier Restaurant!
The Kaunertal: the perfect destination for your motorcycle holiday
International touring books describe the Kaunertal as a place of longing. The variety of excursion destinations makes every tour special, no matter if you only want to spend a few hours or the whole day on your bike. Explore the beautiful landscape of the Tyrolean Alps with its rugged mountain peaks, green meadows, and unique views.
And after your tour full of impressions? Sit back, relax, and feel good! Some of the area's accommodations have been fully adapted to the needs of motorcyclists. Enjoy the convenience, plan your next tour, and look forward to unforgettable days in the Kaunertal!
Not to be missed: selected motorcycle tour highlights
Already booked your motorcycle holiday in the Kaunertal? Just need more tour tips? Don't miss these motorcycle tours:
Stelvio Pass (Stilfser Joch)
- Description: Kaunertal – Prutz – Pfunds – Scoul – Zernez – Ofenpass/Schweizer Nationalpark – St. Maria – Umbrailpass (winding and narrow) – Stilfser Joch (48 bends) – Spondining – Mals/Glurns – Reschen – Tyrolean Oberland – Prutz – Kaunertal
- Length: 180 km
- Highest point: the Stelvio Pass at 2,757 m
- Description: Kaunertal – Prutz – Landeck – Ötz – Sölden – Timmelsjoch – Passeiertal (South Tyrol) – St. Leonhard – Meran/Vinschgau – Reschen – Tyrolean Oberland – Prutz – Kaunertal
- Length: 230 km
- Highest point: 2,500 m
- Toll road: one way €14; return €19
Hahntennjoch / Flexen Pass
- Description: Kaunertal – Prutz – Landeck – Imst/Hahntennen – Elmen – Elbigenalp – Warth – Lech – Zürs/Flexen Pass – St. Anton – Landeck – Prutz – Kaunertal
- Length: 210 km
- Highest point: 1,775 m
MotoAlps: 7 regions, one passion
MotoAlps is the motto of 7 regions in the Alps that bring together perfectly selected tours for all lovers of two-wheeled sport. For many years, the Alpine passes around the Kaunertal have been a popular destination for motorcyclists. Find the most beautiful tours in the roadbooks...