Staying in lovely little Feichten!
The Landeck district is home to one of the most tranquil holiday regions in Austria: the Kaunertal. The main town of Feichten is at a romantic 1,287 m above sea level.
Learn what makes this Tyrolean community a popular holiday destination for hikers and winter sports enthusiasts alike.
Kaunergrat Nature Park is worth a visit year-round
Attractive high-altitude and themed hiking trails, traditionally managed pastures, the modern nature park museum just some of the many good reasons to visit Kaunergrat Nature Park in Tyrol. In summer, it attracts mainly hikers and mountaineers.Good to know: selected areas like the Piller Moor bog are even wheelchair accessible.
In winter, nature shows itself from another, but equally fascinating side. The snow-covered Kaunergrat Nature Park offers several extended snowshoeing, tobogganing, and cross-country ski trails to choose from.
Special winter experiences in the Kaunertal
Speaking of winter, the nearby Kaunertal Glacier ski area is a paradise for winter sports enthusiasts, but not just in winter. From September to June, these high mountains in the Ötztal Alps offer the best conditions for skiers and snowboarders. Directly in Feichten, the village lift at the Easpenhang also invites visitors to take in some sport.
Things get festive, meanwhile, on the four Saturdays before Christmas each year at the town's well-known Christmas market. In fact, as soon as you enter the Feichten village square, the festive spirit will grab you as you surrounded by all the smells, sounds, and tastes of Christmas! Let yourself be enchanted by the unique atmosphere and the many other events happening in December to mark Christmas in the Kaunertal!
Other attractions in and around Feichten
What makes your holiday in this Tyrolean community special? You can look forward to visiting
- artist Toni Wille's Grand Piano Museum
- the local history museum with its mineral collection and insights into the history of the village
- the natural swimming pool Quellalpin Kaunertal with sauna
- the Kaltenbrunn pilgrimage church, built, according to legend, by the Squire of Schenkenberg
- the the Kaunertal Glacier Road and the Imst-Pitztal-Kaunertal Glacier Park.
You will also find a number of sports shops, as well as cosy taverns and restaurants in the small village of Feichten. Whether it's a well-appointed holiday home or a chic hotel, book the accommodation of your dreams before someone else does!
A good start to your Kaunertal holiday in Feichten
- Take the A12 Inntal motorway to Landeck.
- At the Oberinntal junction, take the Reschen exit.
- After passing Fließ, Prutz, and Kauns you will arrive in Feichten in the Kaunertal.