Spectacular hiking trail at the Verpeil waterfall
Wild gorges, thundering waterfalls and hikers right in the middle. Adventure round Kaunertal: health - nature - culture
Experience a journey into the past and into the interior of the mountain. The Kaunertal adventure circuit is a varied family hike for young and old and offers a natural spectacle of impressive diversity and special moments at the foot of the Kaunergrat.
The starting and end point of the circular hike is the Quellalpin in the village center of Feichten. Via the Verpeil Gorge you can reach the Adlerblick and Bergwerksblick viewing platforms. From there the path leads back to the valley floor to Feichten via the Knappensteig.
Adventure round Kaunertal
Wild gorges, roaring waterfalls, the kingdom of the three-thousanders very close
Experience a journey into the past and into the interior of the mountain
The Kaunertal adventure circuit is a varied family hike for young and old and offers a natural spectacle of impressive diversity and special moments at the foot of the Kaunergrat.
Along the Verpeilschlucht you follow the course of the water via stairs, narrow paths and a suspension bridge. There are always new perspectives on the cascades and waterfalls of the Verpeilbach. The gorge is crossed on a spectacular suspension bridge.
The Adlerblick viewing platform is enthroned high above Feichten on the over 100m high "Seiwand" rock face. Here you can get very close to the mighty peaks of the Kaunertal mountains and get a bird's-eye view of the valley. A small path connects the Adlerblick with the Bergwerksblick viewing platform. The platform towers over a steep slope where the Kaunertal miners mined centuries ago.
This is where the journey into the past and into the heart of the mountain begins. The Knappensteig leads through the history and tradition of Kaunertal mining. At the miners' hut you can look for ore yourself and share your snack with the wood miners. Two accessible miners' holes from the 16th and 17th centuries can be found along the further course of the path.
More information about the Kaunertal adventure circuit
- Total walking time from Feichten: approx. 3 hours
- Red mountain trail: sure-footedness and a head for heights required
- 200 steps to the Dorfblick rest area
- Height of suspension bridge 35 m
- Open from May 1st to October 31st - winter closure from November to April!
- Verpeil Gorge subject to a charge: € 5,- per person, discount with Summercard Tiroler Oberland & Tiroler Familienpass - tickets available in the web shop or in the Kaunertal information office
Adlerblick viewing platform
- Walking time from Feichten: approx. 1.5 hours
- Barrier-free accessible: 10 minutes by car, forest road passable with Swisstrac
- red mountain trail: sure-footedness required
- Knappenhütte rest area
- Two original accessible tunnels from the 17th century
- Circular hike Adlerblick & Knappensteig: approx. 3 hours
Excursion tip after the Knappensteig tour: a visit to the Kaunertal valley museum