Safe vacation in the Kaunertal nature park and glacier region
The extensive, natural landscape and the wide range of leisure activities enable individual outdoor experiences - with sufficient distance and away from crowds.
This page is continuously updated. Last update: 10/062022
Despite the greatest possible care, we cannot guarantee the completeness and correctness.
- No FFP2 mask requirement since June 1, 2022 - Exception: hospitals, health and care facilities & doctors
- Entry into Austria: currently no entry rules or restrictionsfurther information on the current entry requirements from all countries to Austria can be found on the website of Österreich Werbung
Eintry into Austria has been possible without restrictions since June 1, 2022. It is no longer necessary to provide 3G proof. Further information on entry from all countries can be found on the website of the Austrian Tourist Board.
Return journey Germany
Since June 1, 2022, there are no longer any restrictions for people returning from Austria. Information: You can find more information on the website of Österreich Werbung
Return journey Netherlands
Since June 1, 2022, there are no longer any restrictions for people returning from Austria.
- An FFP2 mask only has to be worn in hospitals, by doctors or in retirement and nursing homes. Children up to the age of 6 do not have to wear a face mask.
Free PCR gargle tests are possible in the region for guests, employees and locals. Five test kits per month are available per person. The test kits can be picked up during opening hours in the M-Preis supermarkets and Spar supermarkets in Prutz and returned there. According to information from the state of Tyrol, you will receive the test result by SMS or email within 24 hours if the tests are handed in by 10 a.m.
- Mini M-Preis Feichten/Kaunertal | Moday - Friday 07:30 - 19:00 | Saturday 07:30 - 18:00
- M-Preis Baguette Prutz | Monday - Saturday
- Spar Prutz/Bistro | Monday - Sunday (opening hours Sunday 07:30 - 11:00)
- M-Preis Ried | only test delivery box | Monday - Saturday
Registration on the test platform of the state of Tyrol is required for processing.
Instructions for performing a PCR gargle test can be found HERE.
The tests at the doctors and pharmacies are subject to a fee for people who are not resident in Austria.
Tests in the test streets and screening streets e.g. Zams are free of charge (registration at https://tiroltestet.leitstelle.tirol/ is absolutely necessary).
You can find a complete overview of tests and registration HERE
- Kaunertal Glacier Panorama Road for excursion traffic open daily from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m
- Summer operation of the mountain railways on the Kaunertal Glacier from June 7, 2022
Summer mountain Fendels
- Summer operation of the Fendels cable cars daily from 25.06.-11.09.2022
► Here you can find the opening hours of other mountain railways in the Nauders-Tiroler Oberland-Kaunertal holiday region.
Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. & 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Closed on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays