Information about autumn skiing and the winter season 2021/22
Safe vacation in the Kaunertal nature park and glacier region
On this page we have put together for you the latest information and measures for the winter season 2021/22 and the autumn skiing on the Kaunertal Glacier that has already started. The page is constantly updated - changes can be made at short notice at any time!
Last update: 11/08/2021
Covid-19 update | Key facts at a glance
The 2-G rule means: that people must be vaccinated or recovered and is necessary for access (ALL accommodation establishments, restaurants, accommodation, huts and alpine pastures, events, attractions, leisure facilities, etc.).
Vaccinated: Proof of vaccination must be presented.
Vaccines that are only intended to be vaccinated (e.g. from Johnson & Johnson) are valid from the 22nd day after vaccination for a total of 270 days from the day of vaccination. Re-vaccination must be carried out here by January 2, 2022, otherwise the 2G status no longer applies.
During a transition period of four weeks, the first vaccination in combination with a PCR test serves as proof of admission.
Children under the age of twelve are currently exempt from the requirement to submit proof of entry. This regulation should also apply in the future. A practicable solution is being worked on for minors aged twelve and over.
Recovery: The "recovery status" is valid for six months after an infection has expired. Evidence includes, for example, a separation notice or a medical confirmation that an infection has been confirmed by molecular biology. Proof of neutralizing antibodies is no longer valid!
Corona tests of any kind (both PCR and antigen tests) are no longer permitted as evidence of admission. (Also applies to skiing & accommodation)
Night-gastronomy: Since November 8, 2021 - access to post-gastronomy only for vaccinated and recovered people
When entering from high-risk and high-incidence countries, a 2-G certificate must also be presented. Vaccinated or recovered people from these risk countries do not have to go to quarantine, but those who have been tested do. The quarantine can be ended from the fifth day after entry with a new negative test result. The return travel regulations and quarantine requirements in the countries must also be observed.
Do children also have to provide a 2-G certificate?
- The 2-G rule does not apply to children under 12 years of age. These do not require proof
- The following applies to Austrian children and adolescents between 12 and 15 years of age (school age): The ninja pass is equivalent to the 2-G certificate and is therefore also valid as an entry certificate for the restaurant, cinema or cable car. After completing the ninth year of school, young people must also have a 2-G certificate.
- A workable solution is being worked on for foreign children between the ages of 12 and 15.
Here is a compact summary of the level 4 winter rules for the individual areas that have been in effect since November 8th:
Gastronomy and accommodation (2-G rule)
- The 2-G rule (vaccinated or recovered) has been in effect since November 8th
- PCR tests, antigen tests and evidence of antibodies are no longer valid as evidence of entry
- To protect employees and guests, the “Safe Hospitality” test program is being extended (PCR tests once a week).
- The same rules apply to après-ski and night-time gastronomy as to restaurants (2G rule).
Cable cars (2G rule)
- 2G proof should be checked when tickets are sold
- If the ticket is issued by a third party (travel agency, hotel, group organizer, schools, etc.), the operator complies with his inspection obligation if he ensures that the third party inspects the issuing point.
- In the case of multi-day and season tickets, the ski tickets are only activated for the period of validity of the respective proof
- If multi-day and season tickets were sold before this ordinance came into force, the control obligation is fulfilled if, for example, the card is blocked and the 2G proof is checked in the course of the renewed activation
Advent and Christmas markets
- Unfortunately, the Christmas market "Winterwundertal" and the christmas market at Naturepark House cannot take place due to the current Corona situation.
The Top Ski School Kaunertal-Fendels is working with their interest groups to develop extensive measures for the upcoming winter season 2021/22.
You can find the currently valid measures on the website of the Top Ski School Kaunertal
From the current perspective, the events and winter program items can take place in compliance with the 3-G rules. However, we ask for your understanding that there may be official changes at short notice.
You can find an overview of all events and weekly program items for winter here.