Current information and measures for summer 2021
Safe vacation in the Kaunertal nature park and glacier region
The health and protection of all guests and locals are very important to the tourism businesses in the Kaunertal nature park and glacier region in Tyrol. In order to guarantee a relaxed holiday, all necessary and officially prescribed hygiene and safety measures are implemented in mountain railways, means of transport as well as hotels and restaurants. Away from large crowds, our region convinces with alpine natural spaces, an extensive and natural landscape, the best air quality and diverse leisure activities in the great outdoors. Ideal conditions for relaxing days with "distance".
To give you an overview, we have put together the most important information for you, which should ensure a safe and carefree holiday in the Kaunertal region.
Current information & measures
The Austrian federal government announced the next opening steps on April 23, 2021. From May 19, 2021, both hotels and restaurants are expected to reopen. The openings will take place under strict conditions and we ask all of these to continue to be taken into account.
- PCR tests with a maximum of 72 hours
- Antigen tests a maximum of 48 hours
- Self-tests with digital integration are valid for a maximum of 24 hours.
Further important information at a glance:
- FFP2 masks are compulsory in retail, in public buildings & means of transport and for all types of service providers
- 2 m minimum distance to other people who do not live in the same household
- Trade and services are open under strict conditions
- Gastronomy: Entry with a negative Covid test or green passport. Up to four adults and their children are allowed indoors at one table and outdoors in guest gardens or on terraces a maximum of 10 people are allowed to sit together at one table. FFP2 masks are to be worn away from the table and curfew is from 10 p.m.
- Wellness and fitness areas such as the Quellalpin Kaunertal will also be reopened from May 19th - 20 m² per person must be available
- Culture & Events: Events are only allowed with assigned seats. Currently, indoor 50% of the capacity applies to a maximum of 1,500 people. Access tests and registration are also required. FFP2 masks are mandatory.
- The Kaunertal Glacier & Snow Park Kaunertal will reopen from May 15, 2021. Negative Covid test for skiers is required.
Before your stay - plan your summer vacation
Here you will find all the important answers and tips for a summer holiday in Tyrol and the Kaunertal holiday region. Find out about the current situation in Tyrol before you start your journey. In order to be able to enjoy your vacation without worries, we recommend that you take out travel insurance.
At the holiday destination - enjoy a safe and carefree holiday
Here you will find all information and rules of conduct for accommodation, gastronomy, mobility, mountain railways and test options in the region. The health of all guests and residents is very important to us.
Summer mountain railways - measures & information
The Kaunertaler Gletscherbahnen and Sommerberg Fendels are preparing for a safe summer and are already looking forward to seeing you again! The exact security measures will follow shortly. Skiing for sun skiing on the Kaunertal Glacier will resume as soon as possible, depending on Covid regulations.
Departure - after a relaxing vacation
Here you will find an overview of the current regulations for leaving Tyrol. Please always find out about the current return measures in your home country. Often times, conditions change very quickly.
What you can do for a safe holiday with and for one another in the Kaunertal
- Please carry a mask that covers the mouth and nose with you at all times and use it if the minimum distance from other people cannot be maintained.
- Please keep a sufficient distance from people you do not know.
- Please ventilate cable car cabins during the ride, where appropriate.
- Please note the general rules of hygiene and wash your hands regularly. Disinfectant dispensers are available at cable car stations and mountain restaurants.
- Please follow conduct recommendations and instructions from our on-duty staff, especially relating to the applicable hygiene regulations.
- Please make cashless or contactless payments wherever possible.
- Please show personal responsibility and protect your own health and that of the people around you. Recommendation: the official “Stop Corona” app from the Austrian Red Cross.
Despite the greatest possible care, we cannot guarantee completeness and correctness. The communication channels on our website do not in any way replace official information channels or statutory regulations. The safety and health of our guests, employees and residents is a top priority in the Kaunertal Nature Park & Glacier Region. For this reason, all guidelines regarding Covid-19, which are imposed by the federal government, are strictly adhered to. The government has not yet announced any guidelines for the coming winter season.
Despite all the precautionary measures and egg restrictions, we look forward to experiencing and enjoying the unique mountain and cultural landscape of the Kaunertal nature park and glacier region with you!
See you soon in Kaunertal - and stay healthy!